TUESDAY: CURSES FIG TREE.

Beloved God has blessed you to be fruitful.


 
 Image (c) Google.co.za
 
Read
Matthew 21:18-22, Mark 11:12-14, Luke 13:6-9

A lesson in faith from the Master ....
On this day in our journey, Jesus cursed a fig tree and had His authority challenged by the elders.  Matthew 21:18 – 22 (NIV) tells us that as He was going to Jerusalem. He was hungry and saw a fig tree along the road. He went closer to see if He could find any fruit but found none. He saw only leaves. Then He cursed the fig tree, saying, “May you never bear fruit again!” And instantly the fig tree withered.
 
The disciples were surprised at how quickly the fig tree withered. Jesus realising their expression told them that, if they have faith and do not doubt they can do things like this and even much more. He told them that they could command mountains to be lifted up from their positions and be thrown into the sea, and it would happen.

What is the significance of the cursed fig tree and its immediate death?
It symbolises that God was running out of patience with the religious leaders of the time and served as a warning to all of them. It also served as a warning to Jerusalem that if it did not produce fruit, it would be destroyed, so it is with every believer. God expects every believer to bear fruit. Time is no longer on our side. We should not allow Gods patience to run out. 

The fig tree dying immediately showed the efficacy and power of prayer. Prayer is a powerful tool in the hands of believers, if we back it up with sufficient faith borne of the word of God. Great and mighty things can be done through prayer when we trust in God. It means that your prayer can be used to mitigate judgement by crying out in prayer to God and only to Him alone for mercy to stop judgment in your life.

 Confession for today

Father in your word you say (Job 22:26 -28) that if I take delight in You Almighty, and look up to You as I pray to You, You will hear my prayer.  Father help me to fulfill my vows to you so that when I decree a thing it shall come to pass. I will succeed in whatever I choose to do  and your light will shine on my Path. Father I desire a closer walk with You. I desire to walk in your Spirit and Power. Jesus died that I may know You in truth and in spirit. Father I ask for your grace to become a true witness of Jesus Christ. I ask for your wisdom and grace to display , your love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control to a lost and dying world. Make me and mold me into what you want me to be. Thank you for all you have done and what you will do. In Jesus name, Amen.

 

Comments