LACK IN THE MIDST OF PLENTY

God tells us to take care of the orphans



Job 36:11 AMP
If they obey and serve Him, they shall spend their days in prosperity and their years in pleasantness and joy.

Beloved as a man of God I have seen a lot of things that grieve the heart of the Father. I have seen abject poverty; I have seen suffering, lack and pain put upon the weak and disenfranchised. I am sure there are such examples in your part of the world. The word of God tells us, that Satan comes ONLY to kill, steal and destroy. If you take the time to go to an area where people are suffering you will understand that poverty is not God’s invention but Satan’s.

You might ask yourself why doesn’t God do something about poverty? The sad truth is that there are a lot of believers STEALING FROM GOD. You don’t believe me? How many believers are stealing tithes and offerings from God? God has commanded that we should take care of widows, orphans, refugees, and the poor. The only way to do this is by consistently and faithfully tithing and offering in your local church. You can also give to other genuine ministries. God is very orderly. He asks for two things, ten percent of your income (this is none negotiable), and your offering. He has rules about how this should be done; I will focus on offerings since tithing is straightforward.

You are not supposed to be manipulated through enchantment or excitement when giving your offering. Give as you desire in your heart and want to give for the work of God. The bible tells us in

2 Corinthians 9:7 AMP
Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things and is unwilling to abandon or do without) a cheerful (joyous “prompt to do it”) giver [whose heart is in his giving].

Again you really need to understand that when God tells us to do something it is not just only for our benefit but also for the benefit of others. I would like you to examine yourself if you do not tithe and ask yourself a few questions.

1.   Do I trust the leadership of this church to administer my tithe righteously? 
If you don’t trust it why are you there? Ask God to take you to a church where you will be able to fulfil your reasonable service and duty.

2.   Have I done a thorough study on the subject of tithing and offering from the word? 
I would encourage you to do this to show yourself approved.


3.   Have I grown weary of giving because it seems like it’s not working for me? Are you sowing in good ground?
Beloved after you have done an in-depth study you will discover that tithing and offering are one of the principles of prosperity. Do not get tired of doing good because the seed you sow will eventually bring a harvest when you need it the most.
Remember beloved that money is NOT the only thing you can give to the Kingdom of God. Your time and talents are precious, you can go to an orphanage, senior citizen homes, prisons and hospitals to pray Gods will into their lives. Find non monetary ways to bless others in the name of Jesus by demonstrating His love and grace. God will show you how and when.

Confession

Father in the name of Jesus, I ask you to forgive me wherever I have stolen your tithes and offerings. I ask for the blood of Jesus to abort every judgement against me as it speaks redemption over me and all concerning me. Father, I call on your mercy to rebuke every devourer attacking my fruitfulness. Father I ask you to open the windows of heaven and pour out your blessings on me. Help my heart to move to action so that I can become an answer to the prayers of the widows, orphans, strangers and the poor in Jesus name I pray. Amen! 


PS. We are going to tackle the other side of this issue which is how the resources that make their way into ministry coffers are being managed by Pastors and church leadership. How to differentiate between a genuine ministry (good ground) and one which is not fulfilling the commands of God.

Comments