Wisdom for you in Christ



The age, in which we live, requires us to navigate our day to day activities using wisdom. Wisdom to avoid the traps and snares the enemy sets up continually to kill our faith, embarrass us and destroy our reputations.  It is important to note that God makes a distinction between Godly wisdom and worldly wisdom. He also makes a value judgement on it, as demonstrated in: 

1 Corinthians 3:20 (AMP)

20And again, The Lord knows the thoughts and reasonings of the [humanly] wise and recognizes how futile they are.


The Lord knows the thoughts (opinions, views, judgments) and reasonings (ways of thinking, logic, calculations, interpretations and analysis’) of man. The assertions of the most intelligent people on earth are futile, empty and finite. Even, the wisdom of satan is no match for the wisdom of God. When we operate continually in God’s wisdom we are literally saved from many sorrows. Wouldn’t it be great if you could have access to such wisdom? Let me give you a key that you should use diligently. 

James 1:5 (AMP)

5If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.

Proverbs 2:6 (AMP)

6For the Lord gives skilful and godly Wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.



Always find ways to involve God in your life in practical ways. Do you invite God into your day and ask for wisdom for completing the good tasks that He has set aside for you each morning? Whether you are a stay at home mom or working in the corporate world or a scholar; God wants you to excel at your tasks. Let’s look at how and why we ask for wisdom by looking at the case of Solomon after he inherited his father’s throne,David.

 

1 Kings 3:7,9-14 (AMP)

7Now, O Lord my God, You have made Your servant king instead of David my father, and I am but a lad [in wisdom and experience]; I know not how to go out (begin) or come in (finish). 9So give Your servant an understanding mind and a hearing heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and bad. …

10It pleased the Lord that Solomon had asked this.11God said to him, Because you have asked this and have not asked for long life or for riches, nor for the lives of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to recognize what is just and right,12Behold, I have done as you asked. I have given you a wise, discerning mind, so that no one before you was your equal, nor shall any arise after you equal to you. 

13I have also given you what you have not asked, both riches and honor, so that there shall not be any among the kings equal to you all your days.


What a promise for me and you child of God. A prayer for wisdom releases headship.

 

1 Kings 4:30 (AMP)

30Solomon's wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the people of the East and all the wisdom of Egypt.

Confession 

Heavenly Father, I pray for wisdom to acquire an understanding mind, a hearing heart, discerning heart, which will attract your blessing in all its fullness in my spirit, soul and body. Father God, make me the head in the areas that matter to you.
 
(Adapted from Ephesians 1:15-23 AMP)
I pray for an unwavering faith in the Lord Jesus and I ask that the love you have shed abroad in my heart overflows towards all the saints (the people of God). I give thanks and pray for the saints in my church to grow in wisdom and faith in Christ.

Father of glory and the God of my Lord Jesus Christ, I pray that You may grant me a spirit of wisdom and revelation [of insight into mysteries and secrets] in the [deep and intimate] knowledge of You my God. Father in the name of Jesus, grant me this by having the eyes of my heart flooded with light, so that I can know and understand the hope to which Jesus has called me, and how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints (His set-apart ones), 

And [so that I can know and understand] what is the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His power in and for us who believe, as demonstrated in the working of His mighty strength, which You exerted in Christ when You raised Him from the dead and seated Him at Your [own] right hand in the heavenly [places],Far above all rule and authority and power and dominion and every name that is named [above every title that can be conferred], not only in this age and in this world, but also in the age and the world which are to come. In Jesus name, AMEN!

Comments