God is the Horn of your salvation


2 Samuel 22:3b (NKJV)
...And the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; My Saviour, You save me from violence. 


What is the “horn” of salvation?
According to Strong’s Concordance, [7161] “Qeren” [keh’-ren] – is a Hebrew word which literally means a (projectile) and figuratively it means power, a corner [of the altar], a ray [of light], peak [mountain]. 


Let us look at the imagery painted by this word, mountain peak. When God is your protection He places you in the summit, remember He will always cause you to be on top, the head and not the tail. God will show you His salvation. 


A horn is used by an animal to fight, protect and gore its opponent. It is an object of deliverance. Jesus Christ, the messiah is the centre-piece of deliverance. Without Him no deliverance is possible. God has made Him the Horn of our salvation. 


He is also the crown of our faith. As the animals that gore their opponents fight to win, you must never give up the race of salvation nor surrender to the enemy, you must fight until you win the race.


Another very powerful image that God is painting is that of an altar. What is an altar? It is a place of covenant, prayer and a place of power. In the Old Testament the blood of the sacrificial animal was put on the horns [corners] of the altar as a form of atonement for sin [Leviticus 4:7]. We know that Jesus shed His blood and His blood is the bedrock of our faith and redemption because it justifies us, cleans and protects us. 


Finally, horn has connotations of light. The Kingdom of God is the Kingdom of LIGHT. His word is a “lamp for your feet and a light for your path [Psalm 119:105].” The entrance of the word of God brings illumination and wisdom [Psalm 119:130]. If you look at Genesis 1:3, the first thing God said was “Let there be Light!” He said it to a chaotic and dark situation; this was the beginning of the miracle of creation [Genesis 1:3-31]. Therefore, allow the light of God to shine in your life and chase away every dark mess. He will bring order as He turns on the LIGHT!  

Confession based on Psalm 27 (AMP)

Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, I ask you to take over my life. The entrance of Your word oh God brings illumination and wisdom. Holy Spirit I ask You to become a lamp for my feet and a light for my path.


Please lead me to scriptures in the word that will give me wisdom for the decisions I need to make. Open my ears to hear Your direction and avoid the trap of the enemy.
   

THE LORD is my Light and my Salvation--whom shall I fear or dread? The Lord is the Refuge and Stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumble and fall.


Though a host encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, [even then] in this will I be confident. For the Lord Jesus, fights for me, protects and gores my opponents.


Heavenly Father, let Your Spirit awaken my prayer life, revive and re-fire it in the name of Jesus. Let my prayer altar and closet become a place of power and answered prayer. 


Let the blood Jesus shed on the cross of Calvary remain the bedrock of my faith and redemption, Father never let me trust in my own strength or flesh. Thank you Father for the blood of Jesus because it justifies, cleans and protects me, in Jesus name, AMEN. 

Comments

  1. Hi Chereokee!
    We receive an email from you asking for why we have not interpreted the dreams you sent for interpretation on 12th December 2011.Your dream was interpreted and subsequently sent to your email box 15th December 2011. So we are surprised when we received an email from you saying you have not gotten response from us.

    Please note, we don’t usually go public about people’s privacy like issues concerning their prayer requests, dreams and counselling. We are compelled to this medium to let you know that we responded because it appears there is communication gap between you and us.

    If this problem persists, I advise you contact your local service provider to sort it out.
    Thanks
    Yours in the Lord
    Exo2God team

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment