The Good Shepherd


A Thankful Heart

Child of God, we must always cultivate a heart of praise and thankfulness. God has done so much in your life. Why don’t you take the time to count your blessings? Thank Him for Your family or friends, your employment, or your time with your loved ones. The Holy Spirit will begin to give you things to be thankful for.

I love the word of God because it always has the perfect way to express what your spirit wants to say.  Psalm 100 is one such piece of scripture.

Psalm 100 (GN)

Sing to the Lord, all the world!
 2 Worship the Lord with joy;
      come before him with happy songs!

 3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God.
      He made us, and we belong to him;
      we are his people, we are his flock.
(Selah – pause and think on this- own emphasis)

 4 Enter the Temple gates with thanksgiving;
      go into its courts with praise.
      Give thanks to him and praise him.

 5 The Lord is good;
      his love is eternal
      and his faithfulness lasts forever.
Amen.

This morning the Lord begun to whisper an assurance in my heart with a well loved Psalm. I took the time to meditate on it. It is loaded with power. It is a psalm of David, Psalm 23.

Pray this prayer. The word of God is LIVING and ACTIVE. It will wrought a change in your life.


THE LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.
    2He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.


He will lead you into green pastures and 
lets you rest by the quiet stream.

 Image (c) faqs.com

 
    3He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake.

    4Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, 


 This valley is known as death valley. 
Death is not your portion in the name of Jesus.
 Image (c) NatGeo

I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.
    5You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.
    6Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place. Amen.

Jesus has told us He will NEVER leave or forsake us. He shows His love daily by protecting us, loving us, leading and guiding us. Bless the Lord.

Comments