My Redeemer Lives


Child of God at times we are faced with situations that weaken our faith. If you find yourself in such a situation I want to imprint the following image upon your mind. God IS ABLE to rescue you. He calls himself the Man of war. Never a battle He has lost. Let us look at the 18th Psalm of David.



I LOVE You fervently and devotedly, O Lord, my Strength.
2The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I will trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower

 
In His word, Jesus is telling you who He is to you. He is an impenetrable defense against the enemy. I want you to repeat the above verse slowly and deliberately. As you do, the Holy Spirit will flood your heart with instances where He became your rock - a solid foundation when all else failed. Or your deliverer, when you were in a situation that seemed impossible.

Won’t you trust this God and meditate on His ability – and not what you cannot do? Remember when the devil tells you how big the problems in your life are; tell the devil and the problems how BIG your GOD is!

Psalm 18
3I will call upon the Lord, Who is to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.
4The cords or bands of death surrounded me, and the streams of ungodliness and the torrents of ruin terrified me.
5The cords of Sheol (the place of the dead) surrounded me; the snares of death confronted and came upon me.
6In my distress [when seemingly closed in] I called upon the Lord and cried to my God; He heard my voice out of His temple (heavenly dwelling place), and my cry came before Him, into His [very] ears.
Cry out to your Father. He hears you. God hears you child of God. I want you to fill your understanding with this … He hears you. Look at what happens when the Father comes to your rescue. Note the POWER and MIGHT.
7Then the earth quaked and rocked, the foundations also of the mountains trembled; they moved and were shaken because He was indignant and angry.
8There went up smoke from His nostrils; and lightning out of His mouth devoured; coals were kindled by it.
9He bowed the heavens also and came down; and thick darkness was under His feet.
10And He rode upon a cherub [a storm] and flew [swiftly]; yes, He sped on with the wings of the wind.
11He made darkness His secret hiding place; as His pavilion (His canopy) round about Him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
12Out of the brightness before Him there broke forth through His thick clouds hailstones and coals of fire.
13The Lord also thundered from the heavens, and the Most High uttered His voice, amid hailstones and coals of fire.
14And He sent out His arrows and scattered them; and He flashed forth lightnings and put them to rout.
15Then the beds of the sea appeared and the foundations of the world were laid bare at Your rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of Your nostrils.


Child of God, never underestimate the words,” THE LORD REBUKE YOU!” The word is showing us that the rebuke of the Lord splits the seas and makes the ocean floor bear. Imagine the force and power of that! That is why HE IS THE MAN OF WAR, THE MATCHLESS ONE! YOUR FATHER! YOUR PROTECTOR!  Nothing can by any means harm you. Take heart, cling to your God – call Him. He cares for you. The next portion shows us a picture of a loving rescuer.


Psalm 18:
16He reached from on high, He took me; He drew me out of many waters.
17He delivered me from my strong enemy and from those who hated and abhorred me, for they were too strong for me.
18They confronted and came upon me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my stay and support.
19He brought me forth also into a large place; He was delivering me because He was pleased with me and delighted in me.

Confession

Father in the name of Jesus, I decree hope into my situation. Father you are, my Strength. The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my keen and firm Strength in Whom I trust and take refuge, my Shield, and the Horn of my salvation, my High Tower. I receive strength from you Jesus.

I will go forward into my God given destiny. Father, reach from on high, take me; draw me out of many waters. Jesus,   deliver me from every strong enemy and from those who hate and abhor me. 

All those that are confronting my life with evil and trying to bring calamity upon me, I declare the Lord is my stay and support. He brings me forth also into a large place; He is delivering me because He is pleased with me and delights in me. Every stone the enemy has thrown at me I turn into a stepping stone to my breakthrough. The enemy does not have a final say in my life. No manipulation from the pit will overtake my life. In Jesus name, Amen

Comments