The Rock of your Salvation will exalt you

2 Samuel 22:1-2, Praise for God’s Deliverance
 1 Then David spoke to the LORD the words of this song, on the day when the LORD had delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul. 2 And he said: “The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; 


What does the ‘Lord is my rock’ mean?
A rock can be a strong foundation for something in a biblical context. It can also be anything, [a house, person, etc.,] that is standing on a solid base. That structure, person becomes entrenched and cannot be blown away by strong winds. Let us look at the Strong’s concordance meaning of this word:


“Rock”:  in Hebrew “Çelae“ [seh’-lah]  [5553] literally means to be lofty, a craggy rock, figuratively it is, a fortress, rugged rock, stone and a stronghold. When the Lord is being referred to as our ROCK it means God is a place of safety, He [the Rock] is a lofty tower. He raises you up where you become untouchable.


Remember, as believers we are seated in High places with Christ, far above all principalities and rulers. When you are there, the enemy cannot reach you in that position or realm. This is why JESUS is a stronghold [an impenetrable garrison]. These terms are all linked to safety and security.


We have seen the characteristics of a rock. These are the qualities and character that distinguishes Jesus as the ROCK. Therefore we should trust Him all the time as our protector and defender. Our ROCK is immovable and entrenched. So will you trust in, depend on and cling on that rock that is unchangeable? His name is the ROCK of AGES! You should make God the source of your strength.


The Lord is a deliverer, for all those who say there is no deliverance, God is a deliverer. Early this morning I was recounting what God has done for me in terms of deliverance. I am a servant of God who is a recipient of God's signs and wonders and His miraculous deliverance(s). I lack words unlike David who was able to describe a vivid picture of what God has done for him. 


I do not have the space to go into detail but God has delivered me from numerous car accidents [to name a few] where other vehicles lost control. I am alive and unharmed by his grace. God has saved me from the hands of murderous kidnappers, beloved I could go on but let us get back to the word.


Song:
“I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, so shall I be saved from my enemies. The Lord Reigns blessed be the Lord, let the Rock of my salvation be exalted {X2}”


God is our rock, we must put our confidence in Him. If we can truly realise that God is our Rock and our Fortress and Deliverer, it will remove a lot of the fear and anxiety that torments a lot of people.


Search throughout the time you reached the age of knowledge and understanding in the wisdom of man; you know then that there are certain things that are or were beyond your control but in God’s control. If that be the case, it means that only someone as strong as a rock and a deliverer could have done it for you. That is why David said that all the threats of death and conspiracy of the enemy could not reach him,only because of God. He is the LORD the ROCK of your Salvation! Praise the LORD!!


Confession based on Psalm 27 (AMP)
In the name of Jesus Christ, Father, in the day of trouble hide me in Your shelter; in the secret place of Your tent hide me; set me high upon a rock. 

Jesus, You are my rock of protection, my strength and defender. You are my ROCK, the immovable ROCK, who is solidly entrenched in my life. My life and destiny rests on You. 

So will I trust in, depend and cling on that Rock that is the Unchangeable Changer, Your name is the ROCK of all AGES.

And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me; in Your tent I will offer sacrifices and shouting of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord, in Jesus name, Amen.

Comments