prayer to overcome temptations


Confession based on Matthew chapter 4

In the name of Jesus Christ, My Lord and my God! You are the Most High; the maker of the Heavens and the Earth who lives and reigns forever. I bless you in the name of Jesus. Jesus You are the only God who can heal the wounded and battered soul. Deliver me, for I am on the brink of temptation now. Nothing in the ethereal and ephemeral world is ever hard for You; for You, O God created all things in Heaven and above, and on Earth.

the temptation of Jesus Christ


As my Father and God never receives orders from the stranger called satan, the avowed enemy of man. I refuse to do the bidding of satan and his agents of darkness. No matter the temptation that is before me now and the prompting of the enemy, I receive strength not to fall and succumb to the wiles and commands of the enemy.  I am far above principalities and powers of the kingdom of darkness in the name of Jesus. 


Hear the word of God satan, “Man shall not live and be upheld and sustained by bread alone, but by every word that comes forth from the mouth of God.” God sustains and upholds me with His word. My soul, spirit and body are enriched daily by the word of God.  The Word of God is power. I derive my strength and power from the Word. The word of God is the son of God, Jesus Christ. I am glad He is my Lord and saviour and I am a contented member of the body of Jesus Christ.

The victorious King of kings, Jesus

I refuse to be lured away by the trappings of life and cares of the flesh. Yes, Jesus is the Lord and the Son of the Most High God. Every knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is the LORD. Any power or spirit challenging my faith and belief in Him through problems, troubles and challenges be disgraced. Greater is the LORD Jesus Christ that is in me than satan that is in the world. It is also written, You shall not tempt, test thoroughly, or try exceedingly the Lord your God.” Therefore, I refuse to commit acts that will test the LORD.


I am seated on top of the pinnacle of glory of the Almighty God and in the inner sanctuary of His grace with the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen! I am shielded, covered and protected from the temptation of the enemy by the blood of the Lamb of God. 


Therefore, I reject the grandeur, magnificence and splendour of the kingdom of darkness. I will never bow to the devil neither will I worship him. I will forever refuse to lower my spiritual dignity and honour for anything the kingdom of darkness is offering in exchange. I will never sell my ticket to Heaven for hell by prostrating and paying homage to the enemy of God, satan.


Hence I raise my voice and shout, “In the name of Jesus Christ, begone satan!” I am not your candidate. Let my soul magnify the Lord and let my spirit praise God Almighty. Thank you the Lord of lords for overcoming for me in Jesus Name I pray. AMEN!

Comments